Investigative Genetic Genealogy For Law Enforcement Class
Either of our class lengths include the following training:
- Over 20 hours of hands-on practical work on real cases - you are investigating and identifying persons of interest/suspects
- The background on genetics and genealogy and how it applies to these cases
- Identifying potential obstacles, misconceptions and court challenges
- Locating, identifying and understanding the technology needed
- Hands-on training working with real DNA profiles and genealogy data from unknown matches in Case One: Identify MRCA; In Case Two: Identify Unrecorded DNA Offspring; In Case Three: Identify Most Recent Common Ancestor (MRCA); In Case Four: From scratch use matches to completely identify the person of interest
- A workbook with cheat sheets, check lists and shortcuts
- Information on available grants and funding sources that are available today
- Information and referrals to forensic DNA and Genetic Genealogy testing labs to develop the DNA genetic profile needed
- Information on options to set up your Genetic Genealogy Investigations division and how to obtain support personnel if needed.
- Monthly "office hours" meetings with Christine to discuss findings and get additional help if needed
- Ongoing training through our learning portal in topics of interest
- Private Law Enforcement only community to share information and resources
- This is not a Theory class
How Do I Attend? Our live online classes are held twice a week, for two hours each day, so that you have time to absorb the lesson and implement it on your own, in your active cases, outside of class. We then discuss your findings in the next class and build upon what you have learned. Please use the Contact Us page to check on availability as classes fill up fast.
Our live in-person classes are held over three days at your location or ours. To schedule a date for your agency, please use the Contact Us page and also ask us about sponsoring the training or look at upcoming dates below.
As a bonus, to continue building your skills, we have a private law enforcement only group specific for this training, where you can ask questions, speak with other investigators and your instructor, while further honing your skills as you work your cases.
Upcoming Live Online Class Dates:
REGISTRATION OPENING SOON
Why Take This Class?
There are way too many cases going unsolved. With biological evidence and a genetic profile you CAN get suspects and narrow your focus. Why would you not, when DNA can lead the way? We are currently training state and local law enforcement and our goal is to have at least one officer per agency utilizing this amazing crime solving tool.
Why This Instructor?
Because I have been in your position. As a major case detective, I too was tasked with figuring it all out. Usually with little to no information. Statistics count and so does getting justice for your victims.
I didn't choose to learn DNA and genetic genealogy, it chose me when I found out that almost my entire family was not as I had known it. I had to start from scratch and over close to 5 years, I've immersed myself in everything genetics, genealogy and have developed the quickest way to the results - be it my family or your suspect.
I am able to take something that was totally devastating and turn it into something amazing, continuing my passion for law enforcement and making a difference. Enroll today to join me on that path to clear more cases and catch more people.
"The class was great and I can see how it could be a valuable resource." Captain, Police Department
Christine combines her personality and experience in her consulting, educational, and entrepreneurial endeavors.
She is a former police detective and sergeant and law enforcement trainer.
She is the owner of, and supervisory investigator for, Strategic Intelligence Services PLLC, a global full-service private investigative and process service agency located in Arizona.
Christine is a qualified Expert Witness in the area of police procedure and culture.
She combines a love for her work and charitable causes in Help Solve The Case, which donates investigative resources to review, investigate, and solve cold cases, wrongful convictions and DNA and genetic genealogy cases.
Christine worked as a police officer in South Florida, in the positions of officer, detective and sergeant.
Christine worked with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Posse as a law enforcement trainer, as one of the DUI Task Force Coordinators, as part of the Dignitary Protection Team, and facilitating interstate prisoner transport.
Christine was a Board Director for Dress For Success of NE Florida and supported the Humane Society of NE Florida.
Christine holds a Master's Degree in Business Organizational Management, a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice/Psychology and has completed over 200 continuing education classes.
Christine consults in both the business and criminal justice areas and she relishes the chance to tell a good story or provide technical expertise.
In 2016 Christine was featured as a guest speaker for the Arizona Association of Licensed Private Investigators (AALPI), in 2014 a featured investigator for Investigation Discovery ID TV, and she also enjoyed her on screen role as a police officer in The Maddening, a motion picture starring Burt Reynolds and Angie Dickenson.